Monday, January 3, 2011

Jailbreak 4.2.1 Fail

Well last night i figured i might as well jailbreak my iPhone 4 because i missed the old features that came with it . So after backing up my iPhone and downloading the proper 4.2.1 firmware and the latest PC compatible redsn0w . I realized that it was a tethered jailbreak which i was a never found attractive but hey i figured i might as well give it a shot since there is no working untethered jailbreak at the moment for PC . After about and hour of having it jailbroken i was already setting up the usual SBSettings, Fontswap, Winterboard and nice little tweaks like that it became a hassle to reboot my device because i would always have to plug back into my PC and if i wanted to return to Cydia i would have to put my iPhone back into DFU mode go through the redsn0w process again but just with a different boot option . I have never had such a pain in the butt of the jailbreak and for those of you planning to jailbreak i wouldn't recommend it and i would suggest waiting for a future redsn0w update which i imagine would be coming soon with the holiday travel and breaks coming to an end . But if you are running any firmware earlier than 4.2 you are better off staying that way for now .

And for those mac users out there you are able to use the newest redsn0w for an untethered jailbreak but from what i've heard is even worse than the tethered jailbreak . Your access to Youtube, Bluetooth, and iPod are unavailable to you with this jailbreak . I have no idea why that is but it is what it is .

If you truly are interested in jailbreaking your iDevice under these circumstances feel free to comment with any questions you might have and I'd be happy to assist you with the jailbreak because there are some problems you could come across with this jailbreak .

Tell me about your experiences with this new jailbreak if you've jailbroken your device recently . Leave a comment below .

No comments:

Post a Comment